Dear Customers, Carriers and Friends:
News of the spreading coronavirus, or COVID-19, has caused much concern around the country as demonstrated in the recent volatility in the U.S. stock market.
While it is business as usual at our company, I wanted to assure you that we are taking the stance of “hoping for the best and planning for the worst” as we watch this situation unfold.
For our part, we have implemented the following precautionary measures to protect our team members, customers and people visiting our headquarters in Gainesville, Ga.:
- Restricted access to the Syfan Logistics campus for anyone who has been exposed to COVID-19 or recently traveled to places on the CDC’s list of “high-risk countries;”
- Monitoring of all visitors entering our building, including requests that they fill out self-reporting forms upon check-in;
- Checking every one of our drivers prior to pick-up and delivery to determine if they feel bad or have a temperature before allowing them to enter a place of business;
- Education at our offices for proper hand-washing, avoiding face touching, and other common-sense preventative practices;
- Regular cleaning of workstations and other high-touch areas throughout our building;
- Placement of hand sanitizer dispensers at exits and entryways;
- Scaling back of our business travel and any trips that can be postponed;
- Insisting that any employee stay home if he or she has a fever and/or has flu-like symptoms.
These are just a few of the protective practices that we have put in place. For more information on how to stay healthy, you can also visit the CDC’s website by clicking here.
We encourage you to practice healthy habits in your own homes and workplaces, and ask that you share your ideas with us. After all, we are all in this together.
In the meantime, I want to assure you that we will continue to be pro-active – so that we not only meet but exceed your expectations. For example, thanks to our investment in technology upgrades last year, our team members are well-positioned to operate our 24/7 dispatch center from their homes or other off-site locations if necessary.
Please feel free to contact me if you have any concerns or suggestions as we address this current period of uncertainty. And understand that, above all, we put our faith in God and know that He will watch over all of us.
Blessed to be a blessing,